It looks like Spring is here and we have had a glorious couple of days. Having the windows open at home really gives me a boost, I love to be able to hear just the birds singing above the silence of everyday life outside. We’ve been able to get out and about on some woodland walks, and at one stage the boys were in short sleeves……lets all hope we get ourselves some decent weather this year.
Today sees the launch of a brand new challenge on the IndigoBlu Challenge blog, and quite appropriately it is
My immediate thought was to create something with flowers, the colours are perfect for a Spring blossom style, but I opted to go a bit out of my comfort zone and create something different.
I have lots of the new IndigoBlu stamp designs, so of course I wanted to have a play with them. I am really drawn to the new Science Geek range of products from IndigoBlu , taking me back to the days of my day job.
I also have a couple of these mini canvases, bought on a lovely day out mooching around the shops with Mum (as a celebration for getting signed off by my consultant!). I’m really chuffed with how it turned out, I will look forward to making more.
1. Create a background on a 4 x 6 inch canvas using Distress Sprays. I used Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey.
2. Colour some texture paste with some of the Wild Honey ink, and use through the geometric shape on the IndigoBlu texture stencil.
3. When the texture paste is dry, ink the IB Calculus stamp with green ink and stamp just a section over the geometric pattern. Use the green ink to also stencil some of the dots underneath the texture also.
4. Stamp the words and atomic structure (From the IB a5 set, Chemistry Lab) onto card with green ink and colour tint the card with Peeled Paint Distress ink. Cut out the atomic structure in details, and tear the edges of the wording. Add more ink to the edges to define them.
5. Stamp the hand from the IB a5 Take the Time stamp set, again using green ink, and colour tint the card with pink.
6. To embellish die cut a section of the Tim Holtz Alterations Mixed Media dies (for Sizzix thinlets) and colour this with the Picked Raspberry Distress Spray.
7. Assemble, layer and attach the elements together as shown in the photo. Complete the piece by adding a hand tied twine bow, and a decorative button.
IndigoBlu Stamp Sets Used;
Thanks so much for stopping by, I look forward to seeing your entries in the challenge.