So glad you could join me today as we launch the new IndigoBlu Challenge Winter Blues.
I have used blue inks and a selection of small stamps from the IndigoBlu stamp set ‘Looks Like Rain, Dear’ (code RD1) to create an IndigoBlu – Stamped Winter Blue christmas card.
How to Make
- To prepare, firstly stamp the small christmas tree and the building onto sticky notes. Cut them out (just inside the line) and put aside to use as a mask.
- Also in preparation cut a circle aperture (to use as a template) from an a4 sheet of paper and put to one side, along with a 2 inch circle cut from a sticky note (to use as a mask for the sun/moon).
- Position the circle aperture centrally onto a 14cm square piece of stamping card, and position the sun/moon mask.
- Take an ink blender and chipped sapphire distress ink, and apply ink into the top two thirds of the aperture, and over the sun mask.
- Remove the sun mask, and colour lightly (if intended to be a sun), I have used fossilized amber distress ink.
- Stamp the small christmas tree centrally with chipped sapphire distress ink, and cover with the pre prepared mask. Stamp the building so that it overlaps the tree slightly, and again cover with the pre prepared mask. Repeat again and stamp the winter trees overlapping the building mask. Remove all masks to reveal the little scene.
- Take some cotton wool (mold into a useable point) and very lightly apply hickory smoke (grey) distress ink to create contours in the foreground.
- Stamp the reindeer in the foreground, and the sentiment from the IndigoBlu Merry Christmas Tree stamp set.
- Complete te card by mounting onto navy card, and accenting with a very thin strip of navy card (or ribbon) before mounting onto a 15cm square card blank.
Stamp sets used
Thank you for visiting, I appreciate any of your comments. I hope you have enjoyed what I’ve made.
See you again soon.